Hunger Crisis at the Horn of Africa

News all around The Sims.
Feel free to post your own news.

Moderators: BeAFrog, masc

Hunger Crisis at the Horn of Africa

Postby BeAFrog » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Our spare time is valuable and we all like to spend it doing something enjoyable such as xSIMS, thus we've seldom gone off topic. However, with the current situation at the Horn of Africa we didn't need long to decide IF we try to raise your awareness but the "how" took us some time.

The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger. It has warned that about 11.3 million people are in need of food assistance due to drought, and declared a corporate emergency, elevating the crisis to the highest level of action, and indicating grave concern about the possibility of widespread loss of life.

This is the hardest news I've ever written as I find myself unable to express how serious the matter is. How do you put a face on 11.3 million individuals? Real people with real faces hidden behind a number so large that I can hardly imagine it. So the best I can do is to ask you to take a deep breath and think a minute about what you've just read and take it a step further by checking the "Horn Of Africa: 10 Ways You Can Help" page.

Post this on twitter, tell your friends about it, share your thoughts here, donate some money!

We tried to tick off as many points of the "10 Ways You Can Help" List as we could and we also want to add our special part. Everyone who donates at least 7$ to the WFP and sends us their receipt will be added to the supporters group.

Last edited by BeAFrog on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: New
Forum
FAQ
“Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.”
BeAFrog

Return to News